Many clients have asked us to streamline the checkout process for patrons by not requiring a username and password. This fall, OvationTix released “Guest Checkout”, a new option that allows your patrons to make purchases and donations faster without sacrificing any of your patron data. Here’s how it works:
* Patrons can purchase tickets, products, gift cards and fixed packages from your OvationTix patron site without a username and password
* All of the same data about the patron (name, contact information, order information, checkout questions) is still captured and stored in your OvationTix Patron Database, tied to the email address used by the patron making the purchase
* Orders made by returning patrons, using the same email address that they used before, will be appended to the existing patron record, just as they always have been
* When OvationTix Box Office or other Admin Users view the patron’s record, they will be see all of that Patron’s orders
* The orders made while not logged in will appear as “guest” orders
* If a patron wishes to buy a Flex Package, make a Recurring Donation. redeem a Gift Certificate or view Order History, he or she must log-in or create an account
* Patrons can view previous orders made as a guest by verifying their email address or by asking the Box Office to make these orders visible (this is a security measure so that only the patron who made the order can view it).
Guest checkout removes the impediment of creating an account or remembering a password so that your patrons can go immediately to the checkout page and purchase the tickets they want.
Please contact your OvationTix Account Executive or call Client Services to enable Guest Checkout for your patrons.
As the new Product Manager for OvationTix, I’m excited to bring you this improvement to your patrons’ experience. I’ll be using this blog as a forum to let you know about upgrades and enhancements and provide you with guidelines and best practices to make the most of our functionality. Please contact me at any time with your questions, feedback and suggestions about the product at firstname.lastname@example.org.
David W. Tuffy